We will use the same Zoom link for all calls.
Topic: Cedarsong Conversations
This is a recurring meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 275 036 1510
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 275 036 1510
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdVPmzRHXE
We are thrilled to offer this series of 60 minute community conversations based on The Cedarsong Way. They are free and open to anyone who would like to join in.
These conversations will be every Thursday morning at 9 am Pacific Time, 11 am Central Time, noon Eastern time.
If you are unsure of your time zone, check the conversion here. You can use 11 am Puerto Vallarta time for the conversion from your own city. https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Below is a list of all scheduled topics.
|Oct.22||ALL||Honoring our founder|
|Oct.29||Barbara Sheridan||Including online or hybrid (mix online in person) inquiries in your Forest kindergarten for kids 3-7|
|Nov. 5||Susan Whittington||helping public schools utilize their nature spaces in the Cedarsong Way|
|Nov.12||Emily Bryce||facilitating songs and storytelling|
Mary Clair Sonneman
|Using Empowering Language in a Forest KIndergarten|
|Nov.26||No call Thanksgiving|
|Dec. 3||Nicole Corbo||Child inspired documentation of nature play and learning|
|Dec.10||Nicole Corbo||Seasonal Shifts: observations & opportunities)|
|Dec.17||Molly Lannon Kenny||Earth based holiday celebrations|
Other possible up-coming topics:
Whiteness and the outdoors
Gender spectrum repeat
Medicine in Nature
Therapeutic Benefits of Nature Immersion
Hideouts and Wild Building
Full Weather Immersion
Ways to Integrate water in play
Value/power of play
Learning in play
Place based education
Unstructured free time in nature – what it means, how to foster
Getting the kids into play (morning drop off routine etc)
Talking to parents, community member and donors about the benefits of this type of education / movement
Nature Notes / emergent curriculum
All of the calls will follow the same 60 minute format:
1. Check-in and tech issues/norms:
* Participants are welcome to join late or leave early as needed to fit their schedule. We welcome all efforts to connect with community.
* We may experience internet connectivity issues. If so, please just hang in there, internet usually resolves itself. Should the call get disconnected, stay on the line and the host will simply call back in.
* People have different capacities with Zoom as well as varying internet capability. We will practice patience and radical inclusivity with all participants.
* Please limit use of “chat” function. This function tends to distract the facilitator, and we want to hear from everyone – if you want to share, please share with the group!
* Please raise hand to speak.
* If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please type your name and email into chat directed to Cedarsong Way.
* These conversations are meant to be collective “hive mind” offerings to build community connections. They are not classes or lessons. Please speak from your own direct experience and wear your hat of community member rather than teacher.
* Please be aware of the number of people on the call and the 60 minutes we have scheduled and gauge your responses and input accordingly.
2. Brief introductions simply to include your name, where you are calling from, the pronouns you use, (let’s not use the term “preferred”) and this simple prompt question to be answered in 1 – 3 words: “What aspect of the natural world is most present for you today – perhaps a bush in front of your house, a tea you are drinking, a new bird at your feeder….”
3. Conversation host frames conversation
4. Community responds – Think of the conversation like a “picnic” in the grass; it’s a flowing conversation with the intention to connect and build community around common interest.